Thursday, May 9, 2013

How do LEGOS and Mission Preparation go together?


L E GOS ?



An update from Reed....
 
Recently, YMO Hinsdale held a “Rock-A-Thon” fundraiser. We were supposed to rock in a rocking chair for 24 hours straight. That didn’t work out super well.
 
About eight hours into the experience, Father Chris started preparing us for an experience that he said was a life-changer. He said he really felt sorry for us, to say that I was worried is an understatement. The way he described it, I truthfully thought we were going to have an exorcism. He told us we weren’t allowed to talk to any adults that will be monitoring us. He then brought us upstairs and separated us into two teams.
 
 
 
As I entered my team’s room, a bag of Legos were on the table. We immediately assumed that we had to put the pieces together, but we had no idea what the model was of. So, we sent our first team member into the observation room, who informed us it was a helicopter. After about twenty minutes of trying to assemble it, Father Chris took me and another member from my group and swapped rooms.
 
 
 
 I went into the other room and I saw that a race car was being made by the other team. After about fifteen more minutes, my original team came into the race car room. After ten more minutes in there, Father Chris brought us back into the helicopter room, and the helicopter was FINISHED. I was in awe. I had no clue they could finish it. However, I found out later that Chris just swapped the unfinished helicopter with the finished one from the observation room. Although it wasn’t anything physically extreme, like I thought it would be, it was still a learning experience for all of us, because we learned about ourselves and how we work together as a unit, which will help us greatly in New Mexico.
 
Thanks for listening....Reed


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment? Please share!