Friday, June 13, 2014

Thirsty Thursday!



Thirsty Thursday!

Hello friends and Happy Thirsty Thursday (creds to Kelley Summers, SO COLLEGE!)
Today at the work site, we put up a lot of ply wood and got the roof game going strong. However, due to the weather conditions (around 100 degrees!), lots of sun exposure and heat exhaustion, almost half of the group left the site after lunch. Many of us were very tired today at the work site, not only because of the 5:45 am wake-up times, but because we went on an incredible hike last night. 
As many of you have probably seen in the pictures, we are surrounded by huge rocky cliffs out here in Utah. Last night, we hiked into what Father Chris calls an "External Vortex." We started our hike trudging through the sand and bushes until we came to the edge of one of the strongest vortexes he's ever experienced. Right before the vortex, we passed a small graveyard where some Navajo people laid their family members to rest. Past that, Father had us stop, then we proceeded into the vortex. As we slowly walked into it, I could feel the energy rushing through me. I nervously followed my peers, while looking up at the extraordinary rocks. Standing in this energy-filled vortex, I felt connected with the universe, and the energy levels even made me feel a little queasy! We walked out, then hiked back and into the canyon, then climbed up the side, meditation pillows in hand, and found our own comfy spots to sit on our pillows. Charles led us in song, Father Chris led us in meditation, and Anaya led us in prayer in his native tongue. After meditating and calibrating ourselves with the universe, we helped each other down and out of the canyon, in the dark, led by just the light of our flashlights. 
When we got back to HQ, we stood in a circle and discussed our " Me to the We to the One" theory, that many of you have heard about in Father Chris's sermons, and how we are one with the universe. After this experience I feel truly centered and at peace, and I feel like I have found myself as who I really am. I'm not just an incoming senior at Lyons Township who eats Chipotle daily, but I am more than that. I realized, (with help from Father Chris,) that suffering is optional. We don't have to stoop down to moping around and bringing people down when we're upset about things. I've learned that you are a breath away from death, and that when life seems awful, all you need to do is keep breathing, and time will heal. God has a plan, and now matter how much pain you think He's putting you through, just keep breathing, there's a reason for everything. 

Thank you all for supporting us on our wonderful journey! We can't wait to tell you all about it!
Always Keep Breathing, 
Ellie Sprague

1 comment:

  1. Hey Louise - we can't view the "Thirsty Thursday" video; it's blocked b/c of copyright from either Warner Chappel or IODA. Don't know who they are, maybe music in the video?

    ReplyDelete

Have a comment? Please share!